Trucking Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Trucking Insurance Information
Trucking insurance and its personalized benefits are necessary for independent and commercial truckers. Coverage is intended to protect truckers and their vehicles, as well as any cargo onboard, but it is very important that you pick the policy that is specific to you and your truck’s needs.
Still, you will have to consider various policy options before you can choose the one that is perfect for you. Berger Briggs Insurance will assist you in this process. If you live in Albuquerque, contact us at 505-247-0444 for a free quote.
Common Trucking Insurance Questions
How Does Trucking Insurance Work?
As a commercial trucker, transportation of goods is one of the primary services you’re expected to complete, and you’re expected to do so safely and efficiently. If you fail in this duty, then you could cause accidents or other hazards that might put other people’s lives at risk and could end up costing a lot of money. Having trucking insurance will assist you with paying your recovery costs.
What Kind of Insurance Do Truck Drivers Need?
Truckers need to insure both their vehicles they use and any business liabilities associated with their operations. In order to do this, they will need several types of coverage within their trucking plan:
· Physical Damage Insurance: This will pay for damage to your truck and trailer following collisions or other accidents.
· Non-owned Trailer Physical Damage Coverage: If you own your cab but not your trailer, then you will likely have to insure the trailer separately.
· Motor Truck Cargo Insurance: As a subset of inland marine insurance, cargo insurance insures the items in your truck that are shipments.
· Primary Trucking Liability Insurance: Liability coverage pays for third-party injuries or property damage that occur because a wreck is your fault. Primary coverage pays for at-fault accidents that occur while you are on dispatch.
· Non-Trucking Liability Insurance: When you drive your truck for personal or non-business purposes, you can extend your liability coverage during this time.
· Trucking General Liability Insurance: During times of loading, unloading or other activities involving a parked truck, this coverage can apply. It will pay for third-party property damage or bodily injuries.
· Bobtail Liability Coverage: If you are driving without a trailer or with an empty trailer (even on dispatch), then this liability coverage will apply.
· Environmental Liability Coverage: Truckers who haul hazardous materials or contaminants will need this coverage. It can help you clean up damage and pay other costs resulting from spills and other accidents.
A full-time trucker will also likely qualify for workers’ compensation coverage if they get hurt in a wreck on the job. However, this coverage must be purchased separately from trucking insurance. Talk to your agent about the best way to tweak your plan to your benefit.
Keep in mind, you might also need to carry inland marine insurance, which is coverage that will insure the equipment, cargo and other materials carried within your truck.
How Much Insurance Does A Trucking Company Need?
There are a multitude of laws and regulations that govern how much truck insurance you need to carry.
· Most independent truckers and trucking companies must comply with coverage requirements set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Rules will differ based on various factors.
· If you finance a truck when you buy it, then you might have to buy physical damage insurance.
· Certain trucking companies must carry surety bonds.
Berger Briggs Insurance will help you select the trucking insurance policy that fits your exact needs and offers you the most reliable safety for you and your truck. Our agents are experts in all aspects of trucking insurance, which is why we are committed to working with you to determine your specific needs ranging from affordability to comprehensiveness.
If you’re in need of trucking insurance, Berger Briggs Insurance & Risk Solutions Inc. is here to help. Call 505-247-0444or get a free quote online to figure out the right policy for you.