Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Auto Insurance Information
Insurance for Drivers Throughout New Mexico and Beyond
Many drivers know that they need insurance but end up paying too much in premiums for too little coverage. With an independent agency, you can shop between top insurers to ensure that you get a policy tailored for your insurance needs and your budget.
At Berger Briggs Insurance & Risk Solutions, our staff works with you every step of the way to develop a working relationship and match you with the auto insurance policy perfect for you. We understand that every driver is different and strive to bring our expertise to provide quality service and affordable auto insurance policies.
Is Auto Insurance Required in New Mexico?
Auto insurance is required in every state. New Mexico also requires a certain amount of auto insurance in order for drivers to operate their vehicles legally on the road. New Mexico minimum auto insurance requirements are:
· $25,000 in bodily injury liability per person
· $50,000 in bodily injury liability per two or more persons
· $10,000 in property damage liability
Keep in mind that liability isn’t the only insurance you need for your vehicle. Liability insurance won’t cover you and your passengers’ medical bills after an accident or damages to your vehicle. For this coverage, we recommend full coverage auto insurance.
What is Full Coverage Auto Insurance/
Full coverage auto insurance is essentially the highest amount of car insurance you can put on your vehicle. This generally includes:
· Comprehensive Coverage: Comprehensive coverage provides compensation for damages to your vehicle caused by wind, hail, fire, lightning, smoke, theft, vandalism and other incidents not involving collision.
· Collision Coverage: Collision coverage provides compensation for damages to your vehicle caused by a collision with another vehicle or object.
· Liability: Liability insurance covers bodily injury and property damage you may cause someone else while operating the insured vehicle.
· Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments coverage provides compensation for injuries you and your passengers may suffer after an accident, no matter who is declared at fault for the accident.
· Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: This insurance covers damages and injuries that occur in an accident involving another driver who is not carrying insurance.
· Roadside Assistance: Roadside assistance covers trip interruptions such as running out of gas, blown tires and towing.
Insure Your Vehicle Today
Berger Briggs Insurance & Risk Solutions have dedicated agents full of knowledge and expertise in insurance to help you find the coverage you need. Get a tailored policy by calling us at or fill out an online quote form to get started.
Common Auto Insurance Questions
How Far Back Do Auto Insurance Companies Look?
Most auto insurance companies look back about five years on your auto insurance record. If you had an accident within the last five years, it could still affect your car insurance rates even if you switch insurers.
How Much Auto Insurance Do I Need?
Everyone’s auto insurance needs are different. In general, we recommend that you carry enough insurance to cover the replacement cost of your vehicle and potential liability costs. Full coverage car insurance is a reliable way to cover nearly all the dangers you may face on the road.
How Much Does Auto Insurance Cost?
The average cost of auto insurance varies depending on your location, age, gender, coverage limits, deductible, the value of the vehicle and more. Fill out an to find out how you can save money on auto insurance.
How Often Is Car Insurance Paid?
Generally, auto insurance premiums are paid on a monthly basis. Setting up an auto draft can help you save money and prevent missed payments.