Middle Market Commercial Lines - Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Albuquerque, NM, 87107, USA
Customer Service Representative
Our business is growing and we are looking to hire a Customer Service Representative to join our team. Berger Briggs is a leading insurance advisor in New Mexico, Texas and the Southwest and are proud to have been in business for over 80 years.
JOB SUMMARY: The Customer Service Representative (CSR) will work as a member of the team focused on providing exceptional and professional insurance help and service to clients. The CSR will interact with clients, producers, insurance carriers and colleagues to handle customer inquiries and concerns as well as conduct specific service and marketing activities.
Salary: $52,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
Annual Base Salary + Commission + Bonus Opportunities
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Career Growth Opportunities
401 K Plan
Hybrid Work Environment
- Receive and respond to phone calls and incoming correspondence regarding new or existing insurance policies.
- Provide services to clients related to updating policies, taking payments, answering questions, and providing documentation.
- Prepare and process endorsements.
- Review audits or policies; verify accuracy and facilitate corrections between client and carrier.
- Issue all on demand certificates of insurance and or evidence of property per insured’s request.
- Review and follow up on Notice of Cancellations as per agency procedures.
- Invoice Agency Bill endorsements, audits, and cancellations.
- File and follow up on Claims as per agency procedures.
- Issue all on demand certificates of insurance and evidence of property per insured’s request.
- Maintain records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, comments and actions taken in the agency management system.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues and concerns.
- Provide prompt, accurate and professional customer service.
- Establish customer relationships.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of experience in customer service or general office support.
- 3 years or more commercial insurance experience.
- Hold a current license in property and casualty.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Pro.
- Knowledge and experience with Epic software a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Possess a supportive and responsive manner with internal and external customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information related to clients, customers, employees, carriers, or as appropriate, other information.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Strong computer and data entry skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other industry-related software programs.
About Berger Briggs Insurance Risk Solutions Inc